Dr. Cori Burke is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor (ND) who provides integrative medical care for children and adults.
From ear infections to heartburn to fibromyalgia, naturopathic medicine offers safe and effective treatments for acute and chronic illnesses using the best of both natural and conventional therapies.
Dr. Burke believes that health care should be a collaborative partnership. She will work with you to support your health goals and help you to feel your best!
Why Choose a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Dr. Burke uses an integrative approach to treat the whole person using the safest and most effective treatments possible.
- As a naturopathic doctor, Dr. Burke practices functional medicine. This means optimizing wellness rather than simply treating disease.
- New patient visits are 60 minute visits to allow enough time to get to know you and answer your questions. Allowing adequate time for patient visits also means a shorter wait time for you since the doctor won’t be rushing around trying to fit in a hectic schedule.
- Individualized care means that you get the attention you deserve and treatments that are customized just for you.
Naturopathic Medical Services
Acute Visits for Sickness and Injury
- Dr. Burke reserves time in her schedule for established patients who need to be seen the same day for acute illnesses and injuries.
Integrative Management of Chronic Health Issues
- Naturopathic medicine is safe and effective for treating a variety of chronic diseases. Dr. Burke uses an integrative and functional medicine approach to optimize health. Treatment plans may include counseling on nutrition and exercise, vitamin and nutrient therapies, herbal medicines, homeopathy, and prescription medications.
- As a naturopathic physician, Dr. Burke can order lab tests and imaging (ultrasound, MRI, CT, etc.) and refer you to specialists as needed.
- Dr. Burke is happy to coordinate with your other providers to ensure you get the best possible care.
Naturopathic Wellness Visits
- Dr. Burke offers comprehensive wellness exams including well child visits, sports physicals, and annual exams for women with an emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing health.
- Wellness visits often include screening blood tests for blood sugar, cholesterol, thyroid imbalances, and nutritional deficiencies.
- Screening for high blood pressure is an important part of preventative health visits. The Center for Disease Control estimates that over 33% of adults in the U.S. have hypertension (i.e. high blood pressure). Having hypertension puts you at greater risk for heart attack and stroke, but it can often be effectively treated through diet, exercise, and integrative therapies.
Functional Lab Testing
- Functional medicine means looking at how the body is functioning as a whole rather than simply looking for a disease to diagnose. Dr. Burke offers comprehensive functional lab testing for her patients including tests for food sensitivities, hormone balance, digestive health, heart disease risk, and nutritional deficiencies.
- When reviewing your lab tests with you, Dr. Burke will take the time to educate you on what your results mean so that you can learn how to take the best possible care of your body.
- Food is our greatest medicine! Eating food that is healthy for your body is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Because no two bodies are exactly the same, Dr. Burke will work with you to come up with individualized nutritional recommendations to help you achieve your health goals.