Natural & Integrative Medicine in Clackamas & Hillsboro
Dr. Cori Burke is an Oregon licensed Naturopathic Doctor (ND) who provides integrative and natural medical care for adults and children in the Portland metro area.
From PMS to heartburn to fibromyalgia, naturopathic medicine offers safe and effective treatments for many health conditions using the best of both natural and conventional therapies.
Dr. Burke believes that health care should be a collaborative partnership. She will work with you to support your health goals and help you to feel your best.
Why Choose a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Naturopaths seek to find the root cause of disease instead of merely suppressing symptoms.
- Naturopathy honors the body’s innate ability to heal.
- Naturopathic medicine uses a holistic approach to treat the whole person using the safest and most effective treatments possible.
- As a naturopathic doctor, Dr. Burke practices functional medicine. This means optimizing wellness rather than simply treating disease.
- Naturopathic doctors are able to spend more time with their patients. New patient visits are 60 minute visits to allow enough time to get to know you and answer your questions. Allowing adequate time for patient visits also means a shorter wait time for you since the doctor won’t be rushing around trying to fit in an overloaded patient schedule.
- Naturopathy is personalized medicine. Individualized care means that you get the attention you deserve and treatments that are customized just for you.
Naturopathic Medical Services
Integrative Management of Chronic Health Issues
Naturopathic medicine is safe and effective. Dr. Burke uses an integrative and functional medicine approach to optimize health. Treatment plans may include counseling on nutrition and exercise, vitamin and nutrient therapies, herbal medicines, homeopathy, and prescription medications.
As a naturopathic physician, Dr. Cori Burke can order lab tests and imaging studies (ultrasound, MRI, CT, etc.), and will refer you to other specialists as needed. She is also happy to coordinate with your other providers to ensure you get the best possible care.
Functional Lab Testing
Functional medicine means looking at how the body is functioning as a whole rather than simply looking for a disease to diagnose. Dr. Burke offers comprehensive functional lab testing for her patients including tests for food sensitivities, hormone balance, digestive health, heart disease risk, and nutritional deficiencies.
When reviewing your lab tests with you, Dr. Burke will take the time to educate you on what your results mean so that you can learn how to take the best possible care of your body.
Food is our greatest medicine. Eating food that is healthy for your body is one of the most important things you can do for yourself.
Because no two bodies are exactly the same, Dr. Burke will work with you to come up with individualized nutritional recommendations to help you achieve your health goals. She believes in health at every size and encourages establishing and maintaining healthy habits rather than focusing on weight loss and calorie counting.
Dr. Burke has extensive experience working with individuals with a history of foods allergies, celiac disease, IBS and SIBO, histamine intolerance and MCAS, and eating disorders (binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, orthorexia).