I recently created this recipe out of breakfast boredom. It immediately became a favorite staple in my house and I hope it will be a favorite in yours too. You can increase the recipe and make up most of the ingredients (minus the apple and milk) ahead of time to use as needed; just keep it in an air-tight glass container. This delicious Paleo muesli is packed full of nutrient-dense goodness with plenty of protein, fiber, and complex carbs to start your morning off right.
- 1/2 apple, cored
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup dry roasted or raw cashews
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries (look for apple juice sweetened varieties to avoid processed sugar)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (optional, but highly recommended)
Chop the apple and nuts into small, bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl. Mix in the raisins, cranberries, and coconut. Eat as is, or serve with a bit of non-dairy milk. My current favorites are So Delicious Cashew Milk and the unsweetened variety of Milkadamia macadamia nut milk.