A great way to celebrate summer produce!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Heat 1 Tbs oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Sear chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side and set aside. Add 1 Tbs of oil to skillet along with sliced fennel, onions, and salt. Saute for 8 to 10 minutes or until veggies are slightly browned and softened, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and wine along with partially cooked chicken breasts. Nestle chicken amongst the veggies and cover with a lid. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Add olives and basil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.